[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4415] test/certs/mkcert.sh uses "#! /binbash"

Richard Levitte via RT rt at openssl.org
Tue May 10 20:48:33 UTC 2016

On Fri Mar 11 12:05:32 2016, noloader at gmail.com wrote:
> test/certs/mkcert.sh uses:
>
> #! /binbash"
>
> It does not work as expected on some platforms, like OpenBSD and
> FreeBSD where Bash is located in, say, /usr/local/bin or
> /usr/pkg/bin/bash.
>
> Instead, I believe you should use:
>
> #! /usr/bin/env bash
>
> Another potential pain point is PERL:
>
> grep -iIR perl * | grep '#' | grep -v 'env' | wc -l
> 232

That's a large number.... if you grep for '#!' rather than '#', you get a more
accurate number

Anyhow, we have fixed the scripts that are for public use (they are generated
from a template). The rest are internal, and we adamantly call them with
explicit perl commands, like 'perl foo.pl'. In other words, this is a very low
priority.

Closing this ticket.

--
Richard Levitte