[openssl-dev] 1.0.1t: test fails due to expired cert

Claus Assmann ca+ssl-dev at esmtp.org
Wed May 11 16:23:53 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 10, 2016, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

[looks like there are at least three different threads now?
hence I made the Subject a bit more generic.]

> > 34371851688:error:21075075:PKCS7 routines:PKCS7_verify:certificate verify error:pk7_smime.c:328:Verify error:certificate has expired

> Some of the certs in the 1.0.x test suite are getting old, and it looks
> like some have expired.  In "master", I generated new certificates for

For my software I run a script before release which ensures that
the included (test) certificates are valid for "some time". Maybe
such a test should be included in the release build process (or
maybe run the tests before release with a date several months into
the future)?