[openssl-dev] Backport of ccae4a1582efcad311d095a8e6832b2b67d5ed05

Myles Borins myles.borins at gmail.com
Fri May 13 20:57:56 UTC 2016

Hey All,

I'm a collaborator on the Node.js project. Another collaborator sent a fix that has landed upstream to allow different protocol versions when reusing sessions.

https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/852 <https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/852>

We are currently experiencing problems with Node.js interacting with dynamoDB for people trying to use Lamda on AWS. Lamda is running on node v4, which is using openssl 1.0.2.

A pull request has been made to back port the change, and we are currently waiting for review. While we do float some patch’s on our openssl, we do not float anything that has not received review from the team.

https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/918 <https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/918>

I was curious if there is anything we can do to help expedite the process, you can see in this issue <https://github.com/aws/aws-sdk-js/issues/862> that there are numerous individuals affected by this problem, and some of the work arounds are… less than ideal.

Thank you for your time and all the hard work you do on the project!

Best,

Myles Borins