[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4552] Bug report: hex string is too long, problem in set_hex()?

Richard Levitte via RT rt at openssl.org
Tue May 31 21:08:19 UTC 2016

That hex key string looks off. It seems to include an ending \n (0a), which I
suspect is because at an earlier time, someone forgot to peal off the ending
linefeed. Take away the endine 0a and I'm sure things will be fine.

The 'set_hex' check is exactly the same in the 1.0.1, 1.0.2 and upcoming 1.1.0
series, so I'm pretty sure *that* part is a red herring.

Why 1.0.1 accepts a too long hex string is a good question, but it's too late
in its life cycle to bother.

Cheers,
Richard

--