[openssl-dev] openssl enc changed behaviour between 1.1.0 and earlear

Sebastian Andrzej Siewior openssl-dev at ml.breakpoint.cc
Thu Nov 3 20:29:00 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-03 20:25:03 [+0000], Salz, Rich wrote:
> You can decrypt old files by adding -md5 flag.

Yes, I know. That is what suggested in Debian bug report. But if I close
this bug report with this information someone will run into it again.
The problem is that scripts will fail without a proper explanation.
So I ask here if it would be okay add a fallback. If not, the worstcase
scenario would be to add this hint to the error message.
But if it can work without it, it would be great.

Sebastian