[openssl-dev] [RFC 0/2] Proposal for seamless handling of TPM based RSA keys in openssl

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Tue Nov 22 14:42:35 UTC 2016

> dwmw2> It should work out what the contents are for *itself*. Whether
> dwmw2> they be PEM, DER, PKCS#n, TPM-wrapped blobs, or anything else.

I disagree with this approach, but that's just my opinion.  I am worried about "keep trying something until it works" because you'll get strange errors you can't decode, 'only allow N tries' devices will lock you out, and the order in which you try things could result in needless long delays.

But don't let that stop you.