[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4695] calloc issue in crypto\LPdir_win.c

Geoffrey Coram via RT rt at openssl.org
Mon Oct 3 07:00:27 UTC 2016

Hi -
I had a link failure due to an unresolved external "calloc" when
trying to build a WindowsCE application using OpenSSL 1.0.2j.

calloc appears in crypto\LPdir_win.c on line 98.

I think one is supposed to use LocalAlloc for WindowsCE instead of
malloc or calloc.

I didn't get a link error for malloc that appears on line 72 of that
file (on line 77, that memory is zeroed out), so it seems like a fix
for me would be to use a malloc and memset instead of calloc.

calloc also appears in ssl\kssl.c, though my application does not use
functions from that file.  I was puzzled to see calls to "calloc" and
also "kssl_calloc"

-Geoffrey

--
Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4695