[openssl-dev] OpenSSL F2F

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Oct 4 12:14:36 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-10-03 at 14:52 +0000, Salz, Rich wrote:
> Sorry, we didn’t think to put this out earlier…
>
> The OpenSSL dev team is having a face-to-face meeting this week in
> Berlin, co-located with LinuxCon.  If you’re in the area, feel free
> to stop by. In particular, on Tuesday from 16:50-17:40 – “Members of
> the openssl development team will be available to help with porting
> applications to 1.1.0, help guide how people can contribute to the
> project, and be available to discuss other technical issues.
> Downstream distributions and embedded applications developers should
> also stop by to introduce themselves”
>
> If you’re not available during that time, but want to chat, please
> let us know.

Hm, not *quite* enough time for me to get a flight to Berlin today...
and I'd have a three-year-old in tow.

I would dearly have loved to make it, because I'd like to get some more
detailed consensus on adding PKCS#11 support.

In the past we've provisionally agreed on "let's do it after 1.1"... so
now we should be looking at a slightly more detailed plan. I *can* just
start throwing patches over the wall, but a high-level consensus on the
architecture might have been useful. And we're all busy enough that it
just seems easier to do it face-to-face while we're in the same time
zone.

I would also love to get feedback on, and do some proselytism for,
http://david.woodhou.se/draft-woodhouse-cert-best-practice.html

--
dwmw2