[openssl-dev] DTLS encrypt-then-mac

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Oct 14 00:27:05 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-10-13 at 23:48 +0100, Matt Caswell wrote:

> > Any dissenting opinions?
>
> Not from me. It's broken. Lets fix it.

Thanks. https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/1705 updated accordingly.

With that fixed, I think https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/1666
is now ready to be merged too (it contains the fixes from #1705, which
it depends on).

The only bit I wasn't sure about in #1666 was the addition of the DTLS
cipher tests to ssl_test_old — which is redundant now I've written a
completely new test to do an MTU torture test on every cipher suite
(both with an without EtM, for CBC suites). So I took it out.

But I've submitted that part separately anyway, since part of it might
be useful — in order for the test recipe to *get* the list of DTLS
ciphersuites, I had to make 'openssl ciphers DTLSv1' work. Which might
be worth keeping, although it wants careful review:
https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/1710

--
dwmw2