[openssl-dev] [openssl.org #4667] Issue with OpenSSL v1.1.0 on AIX with XLC and GCC and -O

Andy Polyakov via RT rt at openssl.org
Thu Sep 1 10:53:13 UTC 2016

> Results:
>

> In short:
>  - no issue with v1.0.2h on both machines
>  - issue appears with:
>       - XLC -O but only for 64bits
>       - GCC -O for both 64bits and 32bits
>  - issue disappears when building ppccap.c with -O0 .
>
> So, I think that the probability that both XLC and GCC have an issue when optimizing ppccap.c is very low.

What they have in common is that they both use same linker, so they both
can trigger some linker quirk...

> So, I guess that ppccap.c has something special.

Could you tell which test does it fail? In order to do that run 'make
test TESTS=test_evp VERBOSE=1' and note which line[s] it fails.

--
Ticket here: http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4667