[openssl-dev] FIPS validation

Leon Brits leonb at parsec.co.za
Wed Sep 7 04:49:52 UTC 2016

Hi SteveM,

Yes we are copycats - thanks for making it possible.

I was also amazed when I received the email very close to our final source code review and operational testing phase.

I've used the fips_algv tests suite to have the algorithms validated (#3768) using this lab but I cannot see how to use it to "induce" and error in the FIPS module.

I think they want to see that we go into an error state in such cases.

Should I use gdb to step into the module and alter return values? Can I compile the FIPS module like that without breaking the compile rules?

Thanks for your time
LJB