[openssl-dev] About Chinese crypto-algorithms

Steve Marquess marquess at openssl.com
Tue Sep 27 10:55:49 UTC 2016

On 09/27/2016 02:36 AM, robin wrote:

> Hi there,
> Is there possible to support Chinese cryptographic algorithms in OpenSSL project main branch in the future ?
>
> China authorities have been published their own cryptographic algorithms standard  years ago,like Ecc based SM2, hash SM3, symmetric algorithm SM4 etc.
>
> Many companies, both Chinese and foreign, could not get a well-designed crypto lib like OpenSSL did for aes and other FIPS 140-2 complied products.
>
> We still believe a unified cryptographic algorithms implemented by open source especially be in OpenSSL was the best choice for both community's and marketing's, and Chinese companies would be happy to participate in this.
>
> If there is still worth time to discuss this issue  I would be ready to contribute source code and other advices.
>
> Sincerely.
>
> Arcueid

Are technical specifications for these algorithms available in English?
That would be at least one essential prerequisite.

In the past we have declined the opportunity to implement some
nation-specific algorithms because of the lack of English documentation.
Even though most of us are not native English speakers, English is our
lingua franca.

-Steve M.

--
Steve Marquess