[openssl-dev] About Chinese crypto-algorithms

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Tue Sep 27 16:25:39 UTC 2016

> Is there currently any documentation at all on these Chinese algorithms?
> I'm certainly curious, and I'm sure others in the OpenSSL community will be.

Also, please know that we are already looking at several large projects (TLS 1.3, FIPS, etc).  In my personal opinion, I would be surprised if anyone on the team had a lot of time to spend on this.  We have already turned down Camellia-GCM, for example.

An English specification, test vectors, and a complete implementation as a Pull Request are the most likely ways for it to happen.  Even better would be to implement it as a separate ENGINE, like Gost is.  Then we only need to reserve a few #define's for you.