[openssl-dev] Contributing to TLS 1.3 - Where to start?

Thiago Arrais thiago.arrais at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 14:07:55 UTC 2017

I'm interested in contributing to TLS 1.3 support. I'm also a total newbie
to openssl development. I'm trying to build/run the tests and working
through CONTRIBUTING.

For TLS 1.3 specifically, I understand that support for draft-19 of the
spec is mostly done. How do I get started working on draft-20 or some of
the nice-to-haves that aren't done yet? Maybe some of the things that Matt
enumerated on [his reply to openssl-users][1]? Maybe getting familiar with
the spec?

Where should a beginner start?

Help!

;-)