[openssl-dev] rsautl.c incorrectly processes "-oaep" flag

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Fri Apr 14 07:47:19 UTC 2017

In message <1F398E96-A7DB-4389-94BD-7F1C1AF995AA at ll.mit.edu> on Thu, 13 Apr 2017 22:16:49 +0000, "Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL" <uri at ll.mit.edu> said:

uri> Does it mean that rsautl is pretty much deprecated, and pkeyutl superseded it? Or is it still worth bringing it “up to snuff”?

In my very personal opinion, I'd say yes, pkeyutl supersedes rsautl.
I don't know if there's any operation of rsautl's that isn't
implemented in pkeyutl (yet?), though.  But yeah, if you ask me, I'd
rather see rsautl abandoned for the benefit of pkeyutl.

Team opinion may differ...  the question of deprecating commands
hasn't actually come up yet.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org