[openssl-dev] Build issue

Matthew Stickney mtstickney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 02:19:20 UTC 2017

Ok, progress (sort of)! It turns out I was indeed using the wrong
version of perl -- I was using the perl that was installed as part of
the msys2 base-devel group, not the mingw-w64-<arch>-perl package,
which is a whole separate thing.

However, having installed the mingw-w64 version of perl, the configure
script is failing because it thinks this is a unix-like platform, but
perl is producing windows-style paths:

> This perl implementation doesn't produce Unix like paths (with forward slash
> directory separators).  Please use an implementation that matches your
> building platform.

> This Perl version: 5.22.0 for MSWin32-x64-multi-thread

I can't follow the configure script well enough to tell where it's
detecting the relevant bits from -- the build_scheme key seems to be
responsible for triggering the unix-checker.pm script that fails, but
grep only turns up two references to it: the readme, and the configure
script. Is this an issue with msys2+mingw-w64 environments?

-Matt Stickney