[openssl-dev] Build issue

Matthew Stickney mtstickney at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 02:56:48 UTC 2017

Aha, victory! Turns out this was a line-ending problem: after removing
the mingw perl, the mkdef.pl debug output had (among many, many other
things), the following when I went looking for MD2 references:

> DEBUG: include/openssl/md2.h: found tag OPENSSL_NO_MD2^M = -1

I checked, and sure enough the md2 header had windows line endings.
core.autocrlf was false, and core.eol was lf, so I'm not sure how only
some headers had the wrong line endings, but an "rm -rf * && git
checkout ." produced a working build.

Thanks for the time and assistance, everybody.

-Matt Stickney