[openssl-dev] Work on a new RNG for OpenSSL

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Fri Aug 18 18:47:47 UTC 2017

    It seems to me this all depends on the order of things you do to
    create a daemon. You could make sure the RNG is inited, chroot,
    and then fork for instance. And I suspect there are actually
    programs that do it in that order.

Yes.

I think the safest thing is for us to not change the default.  Programs that know they are going to fork can do the right/safe thing.  It would be nicer if we could automatically always do the right thing, but I don’t think it’s possible.