[openssl-dev] Plea for a new public OpenSSL RNG API

Dr. Matthias St. Pierre Matthias.St.Pierre at ncp-e.com
Tue Aug 29 13:39:02 UTC 2017

Just a sudden inspiration: If the RAND_DRBG becomes a truly independent API it might be better to strip the RAND_ prefix and redesign the API such that one has

- a DRBG_CTX     structure for the data members
- a DRBG_METHOD  structure for its methods

Would this look more OpenSSL-like to you?

Matthias