[openssl-dev] Revert commit 10621ef white space nightmare

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Mon Jan 9 18:03:00 UTC 2017

Sorry you feel this way, but the patch is not being reverted.  First of all, 1.0.1 is now end of life and gets no updates :) As for the specific pre-processor, there are systems out there that only recognized the poundsign if it was in the first column (silly but true).  Also, we prefer the whitespace on CPP lines the way we have it.  You can find some details about the code reformat at two blog entries: https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2015/01/05/source-code-reformat/ and https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2015/02/11/code-reformat-finished/

The best way to address your issue is to start using 1.0.2 or later.  If you cannot do that, then a perl script like this can help:
	perl -pi.bak -e 's/^\s*#\s*/#/' files...