[openssl-dev] Netscape Comment Tag Value

Kurt Cancemi kurt at x64architecture.com
Fri Jan 27 12:14:00 UTC 2017

OpenSSL is correct to expect the extension as an IA5STRING. The
netscape-comment extension is defined with the OID
2.16.840.1.113730.1.13 and should be an IA5STRING.

Some references (It's not in any RFC afaik):
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19957-01/816-5533-10/ext.htm#1043093
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa378149(v=vs.85).aspx

--
Kurt Cancemi