[openssl-dev] Compiler requirements

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Tue Jul 4 11:08:21 UTC 2017

In message <CADqLbz+Xm7aJw9zjau1uJ0=QvybSSB_cJtAUm-c137o6khjxAQ at mail.gmail.com> on Tue, 4 Jul 2017 11:57:15 +0300, Dmitry Belyavsky <beldmit at gmail.com> said:

beldmit> Hello,
beldmit>
beldmit> What is the minimal version of the compiler to build openssl?
beldmit> Is it still required C89 compatibility or C99 standard can be used?
beldmit>
beldmit> Unfortunately, I did not find these requirements in documentation.

At the beginning of INSTALL, you will find a set of requirements.  On
of them is "an ANSI C compiler".

Note that this primary covers language syntax.  We do use libraries
that came later, but then also guard them with a suitable check of
__STDC_VERSION__ or similar, and use or provide alternate
implementations when necessary.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org