[openssl-dev] Build issue

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Tue Jul 25 18:59:01 UTC 2017

In message <CAKH_Ld755=fWXQzUMdrMpUdaqBKwjL18yCdgEj4uKZ0qiNQjRQ at mail.gmail.com> on Tue, 25 Jul 2017 14:52:50 -0400, Matthew Stickney <mtstickney at gmail.com> said:

mtstickney> I've been trying to build OpenSSL to work on a new feature, but I've
mtstickney> had problems with the build hanging. I'm building on Windows 10 with
mtstickney> mingw-w64 under msys2; perl is v5.24, and I installed the
mtstickney> Text::Template module from CPAN.
mtstickney>
mtstickney> I'm not sure what's relevant, but the hang is definitely in a perl
mtstickney> script of some sort, because there's a perl.exe process uses a
mtstickney> constant chunk of CPU (I suspect this might be a busy-wait, but I
mtstickney> don't know for sure). There are some odd errors before the hang; I've
mtstickney> pasted the log below.
mtstickney>
mtstickney> Any ideas? I'm happy to provide more information if that's needed.
mtstickney>
mtstickney> -Matt Stickney
mtstickney>
mtstickney> make[2]: Entering directory '/c/Users/mts/Desktop/openssl'
mtstickney> File include/openssl/ssl.h: cannot parse: ()()))
mtstickney> #INFO::;

This is an issue with util/mkdef.pl.

Can you state what OpenSSL version this is, or if it's a git checkout
and if it is, the ID of the top commit (take the output of
'git show HEAD --oneline | head -1')?

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org