[openssl-dev] Build issue

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Thu Jul 27 19:29:04 UTC 2017

In message <CAKH_Ld7zcB+XYKFVd95Qz3bG9-kFPpVGSqH2OssQbMV1=UJvUQ at mail.gmail.com> on Tue, 25 Jul 2017 20:49:14 -0400, Matthew Stickney <mtstickney at gmail.com> said:

mtstickney> Possibly. The original errors and hanging perl process have been
mtstickney> replaced with an enormous number of "undefined reference" errors. For
mtstickney> example:
mtstickney> libssl.a(tls_srp.o):tls_srp.c:(.text+0xc4c): undefined reference to `BN_ucmp'
mtstickney> libssl.a(tls_srp.o):tls_srp.c:(.text+0xd45): undefined reference to
mtstickney> `OPENSSL_cleanse'
mtstickney> libssl.a(tls_srp.o):tls_srp.c:(.text+0xd5f): undefined reference to `SRP_Calc_A'
mtstickney> collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
mtstickney>
mtstickney> I don't know enough about the build system to know whether the
mtstickney> mkdef.pl change might be responsible for this, or whether this is a
mtstickney> separate issue. To follow up on my previous post, the configure line
mtstickney> was indeed "./config", and this is commit 1843787173. Any other data
mtstickney> that I should collect?

Have you tried a 'make clean' and then rebuild?  If the previous run
gave incorrect results, you may have ended up with an incomplete
libcrypto.so, but with timestamps that make it look lite it's already
built.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org