[openssl-dev] Code Health Tuesday -- Fix the FAQ

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Fri Jun 9 17:51:24 UTC 2017

It's been awhile since we did a code health Tuesday and we're overdue for one next week.

Our online FAQ is really old; it's outdated and incorrect.  We haven't fully figured out how much of the older versions and older platforms we should document.

So, let's fix it.  Move anything older than 1.0.2 to the new "old" section.  Move anything about really old platforms that aren't fully supported, or have strange wonky compilers, etc., to that same section.  And along the way, let's fix up any other entries that come to mind.

The repo is here: https://github.com/openssl/web  The FAQ can be found here: https://github.com/openssl/web/tree/master/docs

Feel free to clone the fork the repo and make pull requests.  If that's too much work, open an issue with the suggested revisions (but please if it's about moving entries, do a PR).  The FAQ is mostly plain text, with some markdown-like additions.  It should be easy to figure out.

Thanks!  We'll post a reminder about this after the weekend.

--
Senior Architect, Akamai Technologies
Member, OpenSSL Dev Team