[openssl-dev] Tuesday's code health day

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Thu Mar 16 16:29:11 UTC 2017

Our most recent code health Tuesday was a success.  Nearly a dozen people worked to achieved the following:

- Our external contributors wrote completely new unit test for previously untested API's (stack, LHASH, and RSA_padding_add_PKCS1_PSS_mgf1) , and added a large external test suite (Python Cryptography).  Rock on!
- We rolled the BoringSSL tests forward to a new version and fixed several previously-failing tests
- We improved testing support on VMS and for Strawberry Perl
- The DTLS and SRP tests were ported to the new test framework
- Test for output support of non-ASCII characters in certificate names
- There were also code-health requests that addressed other areas such as eliminating warnings and dead code, and improving code clarity - those are also very welcome!

We thank the community for their interest, support, and help in improving OpenSSL. We hope you'll join our next Code Health Tuesday, planned for March 28.  Watch for details!

--
Senior Architect, Akamai Technologies
Member, OpenSSL Dev Team