[openssl-dev] License change agreement
otto at drijf.net
Fri Mar 24 06:48:58 UTC 2017
On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 04:11:48AM +0000, Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL wrote:
> Apache license is fine for me, while GPL could be problematic. Incompatibility with GPLv2 is not a problem for us.
> If it is a problem for somebody - feel free to explain the details. Though I think the decision has been made, and the majority is OK with it.
I like to mention that any license change cannot be made based on a
majority vote or any other method other than getting each author (or
its legal representative) to *explicitly* allow the change. The method
of "nothing heard equals consent" is not valid in any jurisdiction I
While I'm not a contributor (I think I only sent in a small diff years
ago), I would like to stress that the planned relicensing procedure is
not legal and can be challenged in court.
More information about the openssl-dev