[openssl-dev] License change agreement

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Fri Mar 24 18:46:34 UTC 2017

> It doesn't mean the code is no longer covered by the MPL.  See
> <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/MPL/2.0/combining-mpl-and-gpl/>,

That is very complicated as can be seen by the multiple cases, all of which we would expect to apply to OpenSSL at one point or another.  Our legal advice discouraged this.  Our discussions with various folks did not encourage it.

At any rate, GPLv2 folks can continue to use the current code, dual-license or add an exception for their application, decide to agree with the ASF that it's okay, or use alternatives such as GnuTLS.

Again, we are sorry that we cannot solve all issues at this time.  We didn't create this situation, we have to live with it like everyone else.