[openssl-dev] Code Health Tuesday - documentation!

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Wed Mar 29 09:06:18 UTC 2017

On 23/03/17 17:57, Matt Caswell wrote:
> Our next "Code Health Tuesday" event will be on Tuesday 28th March.
>
> We've seen some great contributions during our last two events with many
> significant improvements merged as a result. We'd like to continue that
> trend with our next theme - documentation.
>
> Just find some missing documentation, write it and send us a PR on our
> github site. Or help us fix incorrect or out-of-date documentation, or
> broken links, etc.

We held another successful event yesterday. We saw a wide variety of
submissions - all focussed on improving our documentation, from simple
typos and grammar fixes, to missing command line option documentation
and whole new pod pages.

There were 16 PRs raised during the event, of which all but 1 have now
been pushed through to closure. The "find-doc-nits" script tells me that
those PRs provided new documentation for 30 public API functions!!

Many thanks to all those that took part.