[openssl-dev] In ssl3_write_bytes, some checks related to hanlding write failure are missing

Raja ashok raja.ashok at huawei.com
Fri Mar 31 17:54:20 UTC 2017

Hi All,

In ssl3_write_bytes, if (len < tot) we are returning failure with SSL_R_BAD_LENGTH error. In this place I hope we should set “tot” back to “s->s3->wnum”. Otherwise when application calls back SSL_write with correct buffer, it causes serious problem (“tot” is 0 and iLeft is not NULL). I hope we should do like below.

    if (len < tot) {
        s->s3->wnum = tot;
        SSLerr(SSL_F_SSL3_WRITE_BYTES, SSL_R_BAD_LENGTH);
       return (-1);
    }

And also we should do one additional check for “len” as mentioned in my previous mail.

    if ((len < tot) || ((tot != 0) && (len < (tot + s->s3->wpend_tot)))){
        s->s3->wnum = tot;
        SSLerr(SSL_F_SSL3_WRITE_BYTES, SSL_R_BAD_LENGTH);
       return (-1);
    }

Regards,
Ashok

________________________________
[Company_logo]

Raja Ashok V K
Huawei Technologies
Bangalore, India
http://www.huawei.com
本邮件及其附件含有华为公司的保密信息,仅限于发送给上面地址中列出的个人或群组。禁
止任何其他人以任何形式使用(包括但不限于全部或部分地泄露、复制、或散发)本邮件中
的信息。如果您错收了本邮件,请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本邮件!
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by