[openssl-dev] 90-test_secmem.t hangs the machine for good

Short, Todd tshort at akamai.com
Fri May 12 19:38:25 UTC 2017

Yes, it’s likely this is due to the amount of memory available in the machine. I tried to use reasonable values, but apparently not reasonable enough.

This is certainly a case where we’re trying to stretch the limits of the hardware; so it may not be an appropriate test for all hardware.

In the case below, the call to mmap() failed, and there’s an OPENSSL_assert() there that’s probably not necessary; the error condition checked by the assert is handled safely.

This is different than the problem <uri at ll.mit.edu<mailto:uri at ll.mit.edu>> was seeing, which is likely a condition where memory is being maxed out.

--
-Todd Short
// tshort at akamai.com<mailto:tshort at akamai.com>