[openssl-dev] New crypto algorithms in openSSL engine

Byrne, Andrew Andrew.Byrne at dell.com
Wed Sep 27 14:32:27 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I'm working on testing some lattice based algorithms in openSSL for the establishment of a TLS channel. I've investigated the potential for developing an engine to support this as it would mean I don't need to touch the core openSSL code. However, I've two blind spots which I can't find any answers to...

1.       How can I create a new OID/NID for the new algorithms I propose to include in the engine?

2.       Is it possible to create a ciphersuite within an engine that could be used to create a TLS connection?

Thanks,
Andrew