[openssl-dev] Speck Cipher Integration with OpenSSL

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Tue Jan 9 13:41:22 UTC 2018

➢  We are currently modifying the source from Apache to OpenSSL open source
    licensing for the Speck/OpenSSL integration. Related repositories such
    as the cipher itself will remain under the Apache license. We would love
    input on the following items:

Don’t bother changing the license.  The future direction of OpenSSL is moving to Apache, anda it’s unlikely this work would show up in OpenSSL before we change the license.

We’ll soon have a blog post about our current thoughts on a crypto policy.  Watch this space.

For discussion, the future-compatible thing to do :) is open a GitHub issue.  Then, make a pull request after the issue discussion seems to have died down.

Hope this helps.