[openssl-dev] Speck Cipher Integration with OpenSSL

William Bathurst wbathurs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 02:41:25 UTC 2018

Hi dkg,

You stated the following:

My understanding is that the algorithm designers and primary advocates
have not been particularly forthcoming with their design goals, and
their reputation is mixed, at best.

Simon and Speck has been in the public domain for a number of years and
there are quite a few white papers and articles on the Ciphers. Allowing
public scrutiny and crypto-analysis is one way to put a cipher through
the grinder to make sure there are no back doors or weaknesses.

Regards,
Bill