[openssl-dev] Blog post; changing in email, crypto policy, etc

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Wed Jan 24 17:32:20 UTC 2018

> On Jan 24, 2018, at 9:27 AM, Michael Richardson <mcr at sandelman.ca> wrote:
>
>> email clients are designed to handle hundreds to thousands of messages
>> a day, Github UI isn't

Indeed email is best for informal ad-hoc back and forth threaded
discussion, while Github et. al. are for issue tracking.

If there's a clear problem that requires tracking and resolution,
then the right forum is Github.  If there's a topic to discuss,
we have openssl-users.  Most openssl-dev threads were more
appropriate for openssl-users.

So I'm not convinced we need two free-form discussion lists, but
concur that if it is discussion one wants, then email clearly
superior to Github issue tracking.  The key question is whether
openssl-users suffices to meet that need.

--
	Viktor.