[openssl-project] Fw: [openssl/openssl] 1.1.0h build issue on SPARC/Solaris and maybe HPUX (#5867)

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Wed Apr 4 08:32:37 UTC 2018

The attached report talks about CPP being required, but that's not the
intention.  Rather, this is an unnoticed mistake when cherry-picking
from master to 1.1.0.

The fix itself is easy (just add a line saying 'CPP=$(CC) -E'), and
that's not what I'm here to talk about, but rather how we want to act
in cases like this.  Do we make a new release?  Do we create an
official patch?  Do we make a link to the corrective github PR?
My own sense is that we should put up something, and it should be
visible on our download page and in our source archives.

Whatever we decide should become policy.