[openssl-project] FW: [openssl/openssl] VMS: lower the entropy demand for this platform specifically (#5904)

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Sat Apr 7 16:48:51 UTC 2018

>    Like I said in the post I just made, I see zero problems with having
    that requirement on systems that can support it.  I don't see why we
    must lower the bar for *everyone* just because we currently need to do
    so for VMS....

Because
	- It is not clear we need to do so
	- We are not required to do FIPS level DRBG/CSPRNG this release
	- It is probably not appropriate in an API/ABI compatible release
	- It is not appropriate for a "silent change"