[openssl-project] Entropy seeding the DRBG

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Sat Apr 7 17:57:32 UTC 2018

In message <20180407174527.GC20279 at roeckx.be> on Sat, 7 Apr 2018 19:45:28 +0200, Kurt Roeckx <kurt at roeckx.be> said:

kurt> On Sat, Apr 07, 2018 at 07:00:21PM +0200, Richard Levitte wrote:
kurt> > In message <20180407160031.GB12191 at roeckx.be> on Sat, 7 Apr 2018 18:00:32 +0200, Kurt Roeckx <kurt at roeckx.be> said:
kurt> >
kurt> > kurt> If you have such a program that collects the bits, I would like
kurt> > kurt> to review it. I would also like to test something like that over
kurt> > kurt> a range of machines it's expected to run on.
kurt> >
kurt> > Errrrrrr....  I have no idea what you're talking about.  I know of no
kurt> > other operating system that provides the system services VMS does, so
kurt> > I wonder how you expect to run the program gathering those data on
kurt> > anything other than VMS.
kurt>
kurt> I mean multiple VMS machines on different processors / hardware.

VMS exists for Alpha and Itanium for the moment.  VSI is working on a
x86_64 port, with the first early adopters kit available late this
year (see http://www.vmssoftware.com/pdfs/VSI_Roadmap_20171215.pdf)

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org