[openssl-project] FW: [openssl/openssl] VMS: lower the entropy demand for this platform specifically (#5904)

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Sun Apr 8 05:15:32 UTC 2018

In message <20180407185034.GA25532 at roeckx.be> on Sat, 7 Apr 2018 20:50:35 +0200, Kurt Roeckx <kurt at roeckx.be> said:

kurt> > In going from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1, breaking platforms that used to
kurt> > work is just plain wrong.
kurt>
kurt> So then I suggest we support the syscalls on all platforms that
kurt> provide it.

I'm sorry, I'm lost.  "the syscalls"?  You started refering to
syscalls when discussing getrandom(), so I'm going to assume that it's
related, but I fail to understand how it's related to platforms that
break, and most specifically to VMS.  What "syscalls" do you expect?

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org