[openssl-project] The problem of (implicit) relinking and changed behaviour

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Sat Apr 14 21:21:35 UTC 2018

> On Apr 14, 2018, at 5:13 PM, Salz, Rich <rsalz at akamai.com> wrote:
>
> I believe we were led into the current situation, because our tests don't completely work *going backwards.*  Do the 1.1.0 tests basically work *going forwards* ?

It is unclear what you mean by forwards and backwards, but some 1.1.0
tests failed when using a 1.1.1 library.  However, the tests that I
read about failing were testing artificial expectations that are only
appropriate for the same library as the tests.  The tests can be fixed
to make their expectations more explicit (by e.g. setting the max protocol
version to the largest supported by the corresponding library).

--
	Viktor.