[openssl-project] The problem of (implicit) relinking and changed behaviour

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Sun Apr 15 11:49:29 UTC 2018

In message <ac42d34d-4ad9-3646-19a9-e9e3521d615a at openssl.org> on Sun, 15 Apr 2018 13:27:15 +0200, Andy Polyakov <appro at openssl.org> said:

appro> To summarize, failing tests in 110 should be revisited to see if they
appro> are actually representative, before one can consider as drastic measures
appro> as #5945.

At this point, I agree.  Viktor's look at several applications and
Kurt's report of successful did convince me that I might by crying
wolf a bit much.  I've started looking a bit deeper at the failing
tests, for exactly the reasons you mention.

Now, there was a point brought on by a couple of issues mentioned,
I'll take that in a separate email.

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org