[openssl-project] Late thoughts on the 1.1.1 release - are we fooling ourselves?

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Fri Aug 17 16:39:54 UTC 2018

In message <20180817162909.GA10354 at roeckx.be> on Fri, 17 Aug 2018 18:29:09 +0200, Kurt Roeckx <kurt at roeckx.be> said:

kurt> On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 01:55:13PM +0200, Richard Levitte wrote:
kurt> > Personally, I see this as a showstopper re a release on Tuesday
kurt>
kurt> You mean a beta release?

D'oh.  For some reason, I got mixed up and imagined a live release on
Tuesday.

So ok, not a showstopper per se, even though I would have *liked* to
see as much of the applicable issues fixed and PRs (and that includes
those I'm talking about) applied as possible.

However, I think we need to go over the "Assessed" milestone stuff and
make an actual assessment on them (i.e. labeling them correctly).  The
final release will probably not be very far away, and I'd hate to have
to call showstopper again by then.
See this thread as an early warning ;-)

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org