[openssl-project] Is this still relevant to OpenSSL?

Kurt Roeckx kurt at roeckx.be
Tue Aug 21 07:25:29 UTC 2018

On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 04:03:13PM -0700, Paul Dale wrote:
> Abstract: This work provides a systematic analysis of primality testing under adversarial conditions, where the numbers being tested for primality are not generated randomly, but instead provided by a possibly malicious party....
>
> https://eprint.iacr.org/2018/749

We got an early copy of that paper. What that paper mostly says is
that we didn't properly document the amount of rounds required in
case you can't trust the input, the documentation has been
changed to make that more clear.

Related to that, since that paper we have increased the number of
Miller-Rabin rounds, but that work started before we saw that
paper.

As result of that paper I've started working on the Lucas prime
test, for which there is an open PR. I intend to create a
Bailie-PSW test after 1.1.1.

Kurt