[openssl-project] Final release date for 1.1.1

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Wed Aug 22 16:10:00 UTC 2018

I'd like to propose that we target Tuesday 11th September as the final
release date for 1.1.1.

Next week there is a big meeting about the next OpenSSL release, and
specifically FIPS support. This means that I, and others on the OMC,
will have limited time to deal with any 1.1.1 issues.

Our early beta cycles were all 2 weeks in length. But 2 weeks would put
us on Tuesday 4th September - just 2 days after I return from the above
FIPS meeting which doesn't give sufficient time to deal with the
remaining issues (and any new ones that are identified in the meantime).
Tuesday 11th gives us a whole extra week to finish off anything that is
outstanding.

BTW, please review the 1.1.1 open issues list:

https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A1.1.1

Anything you can do to move those to "closed" would be very helpful.

Also please review the open 1.1.1 PRs:

https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+milestone%3A1.1.1

Thoughts?