[openssl-project] Engaging the community

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Tue Dec 11 16:09:15 UTC 2018

I noticed a while ago that github proposed a couple of lables to help
potential first-time contributors find their way in our pile of issues
and PRs.

The lables are:

    'good first issue'
    'help wanted'

So, I just added those lables to our repo.  It would be good if we
could remember to use them when appropriate.

So what is appropriate?  I think that's very much a judgement call,
but it should certainly be about bite size issues, i.e. something
relatively easy for the newcommer to get started somewhere.

For example, I just labled issue #7872, 'cause that seems to be a fine
and very easy entry level task.

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org