[openssl-project] Feature freeze for 1.1.1

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Tue Feb 6 11:14:42 UTC 2018

I have now updated the release strategy page with the agreed plan for
the 1.1.1 release:

https://www.openssl.org/policies/releasestrat.html

I'd like to draw everyone's attention to the key date of 13th March
2018. Which is when we do the feature freeze. In practice we typically
freeze the repo 24 hours before a release - so this really means you
have until sometime on 12th March to get your features in. From that
point on we will create the OpenSSL_1_1_1-stable branch and will only
allow bug fixes onto it.

I'd also like to point out that our first alpha release will be *next
Tuesday*!