[openssl-project] FW: [vendor-meetings] Invitation to the 2018 CERT Vendor Meeting [INFO#384036]

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Thu Feb 8 19:27:46 UTC 2018

IN case anyone is going to be in the area.

On 2/8/18, 2:26 PM, "Art Manion" <amanion at cert.org> wrote:

    The CERT Coordination Center invites you to attend the 2018 CERT Vendor
    Meeting.  The meeting will be held on Monday April 16, 2018, at the
    Westin St. Francis in San Francisco, CA, US.

      <http://www.westinstfrancis.com/>

    Meeting time will be 9 AM to 5 PM, lunch and snacks will be provided.
    There is no cost to attend.

    This year we will be holding a morning-only introductory vulnerability
    response capability building course.  Anyone attending the morning
    course is welcome to attend the meeting in the afternoon.  Both the
    course and meeting will run concurrently in the morning.

    This year we are focusing the meeting on two not-unrelated topics:

    1. Supply chain transparency and component relationships

    How to vendors identify and track upstream components, and vulnerabilities in those components?  How do vendors inform downstream users?  How do defenders maintain accurate inventories of components and vulnerabilities?

    2. Radically new ways to do multi-party coordinated vulnerability disclosure

    How does the hub-and-spoke coordination model perform at increasing scale (both frequency and number of parties)?  What alternatives exist?  What trade-offs are vendors and other stakeholders willing to make?

    The CERT/CC plans to introduce and frame both topics.  We welcome questions and discussion on this list, and also offers to speak on either topic.

    We ask that teams initially limit attendance at two people; we'll raise
    this limit depending on the response and available seating.  Seats are
    first come first served.

    To register, please visit:

      <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-cert-vendor-meeting-registration-39956032569>

    Questions and discussion topics can be sent to <vul-event-rsvp at cert.org>.

    Regards,

      - Art

    --

                 Art Manion  --  CERT Coordination Center
        <http://www.cert.org/>   <cert at cert.org>   +1 412-268-5800