[openssl-project] Removing assembler for outdated algorithms

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Sun Feb 11 13:07:13 UTC 2018

>     Those same systems will probably not have the newest OpenSSL either,
    and OpenSSH on those machines will certainly not be linked with a
    newer OpenSSL...

I apologize for not being clear enough.

I do not want to remove any of those algorithms.  I just want to remove 10,000 lines of assembler version and just have the C code.  I want to do that for safety and maintainability and because they do not justify the burden -- ON US -- to keep hand-tuned assembler that only one, maybe two, people understand.