[openssl-project] Removing assembler for outdated algorithms

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Sun Feb 11 17:51:02 UTC 2018

> On Feb 11, 2018, at 2:20 AM, Richard Levitte <levitte at openssl.org> wrote:
>
> Those same systems will probably not have the newest OpenSSL either,
> and OpenSSH on those machines will certainly not be linked with a
> newer OpenSSL...

It is not those systems, but other systems that need to communicate
with them (various "appliances" that may not see an SSH implementation
update in years) that may need ongoing blowfish support.

So we should tread with some care.  Perhaps the software-only Blowfish
is fast enough, but my point is that Blowfish is much less of an obvious
outdated cipher than the others...

	Viktor.