[openssl-project] Monthly Status Report (December)
matt at openssl.org
Tue Jan 2 17:02:38 UTC 2018
An OMC vote was recently held (during the f2f last month) regarding
monthly status reports from fellows:
"topic: OpenSSL fellows to mail openssl-project with a monthly status
report by the 7th day of the following month."
This passed with 7 in favour, 1 abstention, 0 against, and 0 no votes.
No specific format was defined so I've just gone with a bullet point
list of my key activities. If there is other info people want to see
then let me know.
As well as normal reviews, responding to user queries, wiki user
requests, etc., key activities this month:
- Owned the work associated with CVE-2017-3737 (Read/write after SSL
object in error state)
- Managed the release of OpenSSL 1.0.2n
- Fixed review issues and pushed draft-22 support
- Fixed numerous run-checker failures
- Backported SSL_OP_NO_RENEGOTIATION to 1.1.0 (awaiting review)
- Overhauled libssl error handling
- Attended the London face-2-face meeting
- Pushed some commits to the openssl-book repository and created some
PRs for new chapter content
- Significant work on X448/Ed448 (PR 4829). Currently de-prioritised to
focus on other more important 1.1.1 work following f2f meeting. Will
come back to this later.
- Working behind the scenes on TLSv1.3 server side stateless cookie
mechanism (PR 4435)
- Pushed changes required for TLSv1.3 TCP Fast Open support
- Created draft 1.1.1 release timetable for discussion
More information about the openssl-project